Airport Service Road
Portsmouth PO3 5PB
Tel: +44 (0) 2392 623900
Fax: +44 (0) 2392 623998
An Orolia Group Business
News and Rescues
- Published on Thursday, 03 May 2012 17:45
Compact and rugged for the harsh outdoor environment
McMurdo, a business of the Orolia Group (NYSE Alternext Paris – FR0010501015 – ALORO) has extended its range of leading emergency distress beacons with the launch of the NEW Fast Find Ranger PLB (Personal Locator Beacon), designed specifically as a potential life saving device for all outdoor enthusiasts.
- Published on Thursday, 03 May 2012 17:43
The next generation of the hugely popular Fast Find range
McMurdo, a business of the Orolia Group (NYSE Alternext Paris – FR0010501015 – ALORO) has extended its range of leading emergency distress beacons with the launch of the NEW Fast Find 220 PLB (Personal Locator Beacon).
- Published on Thursday, 15 March 2012 10:01
A British man, Chris Painter has been successfully rescued from the wilderness of the Kahurangi National Park in New Zealand after activating his McMurdo Fast Find Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) on Wednesday 7th March.
61 year old Chris Painter injured his knee during a ten day fishing trip and being alone and unable to move, was in desperate need of help. Luckily Mr Painter, who had emigrated to New Zealand from Ilkley, West Yorkshire eight years ago was carrying a PLB, which he had purchased in the UK ten years previously. With no mobile phone signal available he took the decision to activate the device.
Fast Find PLB takes the ‘search’ out of ‘search and rescue’ – new UK legislation gives go ahead for land rescues
- Published on Monday, 16 January 2012 12:54
From 12th January 2012, outdoor enthusiasts will be able to use McMurdo’s Fast Find Personal Location Beacon (PLB) on land in the UK following a change in legislation by OFCOM, the regulatory authority for the broadcasting and telecommunications industries in the United Kingdom.
- Published on Tuesday, 10 January 2012 16:00
A Fast Find Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) has saved the lives of four yachtsmen, who were successfully rescued when they activated the beacon following a problem onboard their sailing yacht in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Published on Tuesday, 10 January 2012 15:37
An injured climber has been rescued thanks to a Fast Find 211 Personal Location Beacon (PLB), the activation of the PLB resulted in a rescue helicopter flying directly to his position and airlifting him to safety in the remote Nelson Lakes National Parks area, New Zealand last month.
- New Zealand Farmers advised to carry beacons
- Fast Find 211 PLB activation results in rescue of school party in NSW, Australia
- Fast Find PLB alerts emergency services after teens suffer bear attack
- FAST FIND PLB alert brings rescue to Arctic explorer
- Rescuers respond to McMurdo Fast Find 211 signal to save injured hunter
- McMurdo Fast Find beacon saves two French sailors in the North Atlantic